The Blogger Cooler

You know, like the conversations around your office water cooler? Only, the conversations will be with cooler people. And you don't have to be afraid of your boss listening to your conversation. And, you can say anything you want during your conversation. Okay, so I guess it's nothing like the conversations around your office water cooler. Just leave a comment, dammit!

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

My native tongue - the contest

What is the most butchered (awkward, even), while still being readable, and preferably grammatically correct (and without too many run-on sentences), sentence, that while difficult to follow, makes some semblance of sense, are you (being not-me, and open to anyone that can type) able to write?

The above looks like 95% of my posts before editing. I wonder if I sound like that in real life? I know that my boss just stares at me and blinks a lot when I'm talking, and I know that I speak almost as parenthetically as I write.

First prize wins a paper-clip and a post-it note signed by yours truly - the fabulous Sean Connery.



The above statement is a lie, as Sean Connery will not be providing autographs, nor is he KOM or at all affiliated with KOM Industries, Inc. A paper-clip will be rewarded upon request to the winner who is able to provide a SASE c/o KOM Industries, Inc.

9 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Okay, so like this one time, I'm going down the stairs in 7th grade, on my way to P.E., with one of my random 7th grade friends, and we were gabbing away about some boy who my friend at the time thought was cute, or a jerk, or cute and a jerk, I can't remember, when all of a sudden I tripped and fell and proceeded to take everyone on the staircase down with me- it was so embarrasing.

Alright, that's the best that I could do. And, it pained me to write that sentence by the way.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I would think my whole damn Blog should qualify, but I guess I'll have to think up something, or else maybe keep typing and it will come to me, like maybe some stream of thought William S. Burroughs kind of thing where all you do is just type what you are thinking and hope that it makes sense in some weird "Yeah my brain works that way too"/ Naked Lunch way, or maybe not.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Squishi said...

My boss always says to me "I can only understand what you are on about when you write the problem in an email" - he says I talk in circles, whereas I write much more betterer; you'd have to hear me talk on a subject cos my writing is pretty damned good.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Squishi said...

btw - what's SASE?

RSVP by MSN, UPS or AT&T, KOM, ASAP.




(here's a topic thread - see who can type the longest paragraph all in acronymns that is actually understandable)

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger KOM said...

Self Addressed Stamped Envelope.

No COD in AUS SQI?

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Squishi said...

OIC!

We have COD but usually we PP or use a CC in EFTPOS using ANZ or NAB

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Ow! Ya'll are making my head hurt.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger "Lisa" said...

I feel stupid now squishi. Thanks.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Squishi said...

sorry :<

 

Post a Comment

<< Home