The Blogger Cooler

You know, like the conversations around your office water cooler? Only, the conversations will be with cooler people. And you don't have to be afraid of your boss listening to your conversation. And, you can say anything you want during your conversation. Okay, so I guess it's nothing like the conversations around your office water cooler. Just leave a comment, dammit!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Nick Lachey: Justified or Punk?

I just read that Jamie Foxx, according to E.T., said that Nick Lachey is not a "real man" for asking for half of Jessica Simpson's money.

First of all, if Jamie really did say that, I think that's bogus. What business is it of his to comment on Nick and Jessica's divorce?

That being said, I wonder what you guys think of Nick asking for spousal support. Do you think he deserves it or should even be asking for it? I actually think that he should get half of everything. Nick was more famous than Jessica before that whole "Newlyweds" show. He put her in his 98 Degrees videos and all this other junk. And then, when the pair did the reality show together (and Jessica displayed all of her blonde moments), both catapulted to stardom with Jessica going even further. I honestly feel that without Nick, we would all be like, "Jessica who?"

So, I say, Nick go get yo' dough!


What do you guys think?

8 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Desiree said...

I'm with Reese. I say he SHOULD get half. She's successful and popular now because of the show.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger jeopardygirl said...

Isn't California a community property state? Doesn't that mean that BY LAW, all monies made during their marriage have to be split 50/50? Why would Jamie Foxx think that only applied to women? I dunno. If I were Nick, I'd ask for my half, man.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I agree with you. Nick was the guy who said yes to the show, and was helping HER pay bills.
Jessica would be "Hey, didn't you used to be Ashlee's Simpson's sister?"
without Nick.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger David said...

I actually think he should get half and continue to collect for awhile. He was the main money maker when they first got married and then that changed. I don't recall her turning down half of his money.

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger KOM said...

I'm all for "grab the gusto". But jeeze, what a self-emasculating move. Hopefully he'll make enough money to be able to visit strippers every night in order to deaden the fact that he's a grade-A pussy.

Actually, I believe that celebrities that divorce or are caught cheating should be shot on site. Call it a moral "finger in the dyke" (bad choice of words, there), or at the very least, entertainment.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Squishi said...

marriage is marriage. He should get half for just putting up with her ego and her obnoxious father.

Coming from a similar background in a strange way... doesn't anyone else find it weird her father WAS a Baptist minister, and has suddenly gone the other way and is pimping his daughters out and doing the whole "hollywood" and "moneyhungry" lifestyle? Isn't that what the Boring old Baptists preach again? HOly crap, my family wasn't even allowed to dance for generations as it was "of the devil", and look what he makes his kids do.

Yeah. He deserves more than half for just putting up with that wanker father in law.

And there was no prenup, so it should be 50/50.

So there.

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Dominic Zero said...

I asked Jessica Simpson for half her money and got nowhere.
Good luck to him I say.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Zain said...

Jerk of All Trades said...

I agree with you. Nick was the guy who said yes to the show, and was helping HER pay bills.
Jessica would be "Hey, didn't you used to be Ashlee's Simpson's sister?"
without Nick.


But Ashlee Simpson would never have had her own reality show and recording career if it wasn't for the success of her sister, so therefore, Nick Lachey should demand a cut of THAT too. And call that Ryan Cabrera dude too while he's at it. Ka-ching ka-ching. Nick will never have to 'work' again. He can just start a new generation of "Six Degrees of Nick Lachey" and demand royalties for a trickle effect of success.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home