The Blogger Cooler

You know, like the conversations around your office water cooler? Only, the conversations will be with cooler people. And you don't have to be afraid of your boss listening to your conversation. And, you can say anything you want during your conversation. Okay, so I guess it's nothing like the conversations around your office water cooler. Just leave a comment, dammit!

Thursday, December 01, 2005

How long before MOVING on?

So as a recently broken up chick (and when I say recently, I mean, like an hour ago)...I'd like to know this...

How long does one wait to move on, talk to new people, so on and so fourth without looking like a dirty pirate whore?

Does gender matter? Does a man get to move on faster, just because he's a man?

So who wins? I posted first! Do I win, for taking the time out from my heartbreak to post??

I feel I should get the purse. I'm hoping for this really cute brown Coach. Please email me for shipping address.

9 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Actually, Dirty Pirate Whore is in these days Des.

Wait as long as you want to wait. I don't understand these weird "Waiting" periods. Who made up that rule?
I mean, if you just ate and hour ago, but you still felt hungry, would you wait until the next day to eat, because you didn't want to look hungry?

Go get you another boy Des, and if you don't like him either, there's another one rolling off the assembly line right behind him.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Hey, you can't win! You didn't actually place a bet. Although, you did beat "Lisa" to a post which is pretty impressive in and of itself.

Actually, I don't think anyone actually placed a bet. So, no one wins.

But, you do get something for being single, Dez. Now you can go have Derek Jeter's baby. You're a free woman! :)

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger KOM said...

MY wife and I were watching an episode of friends a couple of days ago. I missed the set-up, but apparently Ross slept with some woman after Racheal broke up with him. Then she decided to get back together with him, but broke up with him (again) when she found out about the fling.

WTF? The wife tells me that for the woman, it's a betrayal even though they weren't together. This apparently makes sense to women.

Apperently, if you think there's a shot at getting back together, you should wait a while. If you're sure it's over, you can move on right away.

Unless you're a man. Because we are damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Which, with this whole "women and children first" deal, is why men make more, on average, for the same job. :)

Honestly, I think we got the short end of the stick.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger KOM said...

That being said, Dez, I'm sorry about the break-up. I wasn't trying to be glib at your expense.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Ooooo, can I be the first to say it, now that Kom brought it up?


Ahem...


"We were on a break!!!"


All the "Friends," fans get it. :)

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger "Lisa" said...

Kom I am totally feeling you. That makes no sense and I NEVER understood Rachel's position in the whole thing. In any case Dez I always say 24hrs. And then move on. Quite frankly I can move on after a good night sleep so assuming the break up happens at night I can get it as low as 12 hrs. But some people (crazy people) might consider that fast so go with say 72hrs. That's more then enough time.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger "Lisa" said...

FYI-Gender doesn't matter.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Desiree said...

Yeah...I should have went out and had a fun fling before he called me again last night. damnit.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Laura Brown said...

Move on the same day. Crush the bastard, show him you're SO over him. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home