The Blogger Cooler

You know, like the conversations around your office water cooler? Only, the conversations will be with cooler people. And you don't have to be afraid of your boss listening to your conversation. And, you can say anything you want during your conversation. Okay, so I guess it's nothing like the conversations around your office water cooler. Just leave a comment, dammit!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

That's Really Smurfed Up!


Dude, someone bombed the Smurfs.

Seriously.

Unicef-Belgium has a new ad campaign touting the effects of war on children using the Smurfs as a sacrifice. The ad shows the Smurfs all happy go lucky, as they usually are, and then...



KA-BLAMO!!



Missles start falling everywhere and all the Smurfs die.



Even Smurfette.


At the end, Baby Smurf is sitting in the middle of the town crying.



You know what I think about this?



IT'S ABOUT BLODDY TIME!!!



I absolutely hated the Smurfs as a kid. I'm surprised someone didn't do this a lot sooner.

Thank goodness for small miracles.



I'm trying to find a link for the video, but I haven't found a decent one yet. I'm sure it's got to be somewhere.


I swear, this is the coolest thing ever.

8 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Jomama said...

I saw that this morning too. I watched the video and thought it would be sad, but it almost seemed like a joke. I didn't hate the smurfs, so I'm not down with the idea of blowing them up.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger KOM said...

I saw this yesterday as well, but I found the similarity (although in cartoon) between it and a picture that I recently posted disquieting.

And I suppose that that is the purpose. But at least in the US, I wonder if the smurfs would be the right choice? Would it work better to see Minnie, lifeless, next to one of Donald's nephews bloody and inconsolable?

One thing for sure, it is definetly smurfed up.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

And yet, the friggin Care Bears are walking around Lah-dee-friggin-dah!

Who's next?

The Snorks?

The Gummi Bears?

You know who's behind this don't you?

The Shmoo.
Bastard.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger derek said...

Here is the video.
The French at the end means "Don't let War Destroy the Lives of Our Children"

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger derek said...

Also...we should check Gargamel for WMDs...

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Ahh, thanx Derek!

I betcha the Legion of Doom was in on it too. ;)

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Squishi said...

I loved the smurfs. I see the relevance of the ad in Scandinavia (where the smurfs are from) but I am tragicised that they would kill them off just to make a point.

Very very upset :<

Unless it was Vanity Smurf only. He sucked and was so GAY, even if he was in denial

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Desiree said...

dude. thats just mean! :( that was sad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home