The Blogger Cooler

You know, like the conversations around your office water cooler? Only, the conversations will be with cooler people. And you don't have to be afraid of your boss listening to your conversation. And, you can say anything you want during your conversation. Okay, so I guess it's nothing like the conversations around your office water cooler. Just leave a comment, dammit!

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Eyes up here, buddy

The culmination of a recent post by Kingfisher and an ad for a cell phone company starring Pamela Anderson have me perplexed about an issue.

If a woman spends several thousand dollars on breast augmentation, does she reserve the right to be offended at men ogling her breasts?

Is it any different from me putting oranges down my pants and being indignant about people staring?

Is it like a movie star pleading for annonymity? "But really, Larry, I don't like being recognized everywhere. So come see my crappy movie."

Or have we come so far down the path that anyone can wear chain mail and a ballet slippers and skip down main street while eating kittens and shoving a banana up their ass, and claim both freedom of expression and expectation of privacy?

-- Update 4:15p, 9/21/05

Speaking of breasts:

Tyra Banks disproves rumors of breast implants on her talk show. To which I have only two things to say: There were rumors of breast implants?? Tyra Banks has a talkshow??!

Thank god for the news. This is information that I need now.

7 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I don't get it either.


I was gonna say more, but I don't know what to say.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Eh, I think Pammy knows men look at her boobs first. Everyone does really. They're so gigantic! And, the skin looks like it's going to rip off.


Ewww...

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Squishi said...

ok it depends. If a woman had a boob job cos of cancer, then she has the right to be offended, but usually they're proud.

If it's a celebrity, they're asking to be looked at in a more seductive manner, so my answer is NO, no right to complain.

It's their job. When they take it on they know they're gonna deal with the media. It's like if I chose to be Prime Minister, (pfft don't laugh) I know i'd be in the paper and on tv etc. It's part of the job.

Stupid people are just complaining to get more attention on themselves. Send them back to La-La land.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

Pam is actually poking fun at herself. I think she of all people expects to be ogled at any time, day or night, dressed up or in her sweats without any makeup on. I don't know her personally, but I like her 'cause she knows exactly why she gets hired to act, and it's NOT for her acting skills! She never takes herself as a "serious actress". She actually seems like a very sweet girl.

Um, I think I just instantly turned into a stalker.

Weird.

I saw this comedian once. He was talking about the difference between men and women. I know, original!! He says " My girlfriend watches Oprah. She says that she should be able to walk naked down the street without anybody messing with her, touching her, cat calling her. I told her, I watch Geraldo - bend over."

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Ash Karreau said...

Information you needed now? I needed it yesterday, while there was still a chance of seeing Tyra Banks topless live.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger jeopardygirl said...

See, here's my thing. As a naturally over-endowed woman, I have a great deal of trouble understanding why anyone would actually WANT boobs that big in the first place. I can understand smaller girls wanting to look more attractive or balanced in their clothes, but what Pammy's got are headlights that flash. It's really hard not to look at them, so I can only come to the conclusion that's what she wants. Complaining about it just seems wrong.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger ابو خوخه said...


المثالية لتنظيف بالاحساء

 

Post a Comment

<< Home