The Blogger Cooler

You know, like the conversations around your office water cooler? Only, the conversations will be with cooler people. And you don't have to be afraid of your boss listening to your conversation. And, you can say anything you want during your conversation. Okay, so I guess it's nothing like the conversations around your office water cooler. Just leave a comment, dammit!

Monday, August 15, 2005

For Kaci

Okay, here's another hypothetical. The boys can particiapte in this one too...


Alright, so you've been dating this person for about 4 months now. The relationship is really good. In fact, the best one you've ever had. You do love your new significant other as they are a great person, but you're not necessarily in love with your new boyfriend/girlfriend. In other words, you've had much greater loves in your life.

So, you're chilling at home with your boyfriend/girlfriend when there is a knock at your door...


It's Halle Berry/Brad Pitt/Insert Other Famous Person you Really Think is Hot


Halle/Brad/Other Hot Person inform you that they are in town for one night. That for this one night they want to "be with you" ("be with you" being whatever you want it to be). That if you pass up this opportunity now, you'll never see them again.


So, what do you do?


Do you just leave right away or do you explain to your boyfriend/girlfriend why you're dumping them?


Hahahahaha! Just kidding.


But, seriously what would you do?


Discuss.

12 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Jomama said...

I would never pass up an opportunity like that when I've only been dating my bf for 4 months and I'm not even in love. I'm not one to cheat, so the relationship would have to end right there. I would like to think that they would understand the seriousness of the situation and make up with me later. He should be proud that I'm hot enough for Allen Iverson to show up at my door offering himself to me. I would never do the same for the bf, but hey, nobody asked him.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Robyn said...

I don't think I could hurt someone's feelings like that, even if I weren't "in love" with them. I would pass the opportunity right by.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Desiree said...

Hm. So Derek Jeter finally woke up and realized I'm IT for him? Psh.

Well! I honestly would pass it up. Stupid, I know, but who does he think he is knocking on my door for a one-nighter?? Hellooo! I'm worth more than that.

Too bad so sad for him. He shoulda' realized that I was it, at all those baseball games I stalked him at.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger KOM said...

I'm with Des. What's Phyllis Diller doing, thinking about a booty call at this hour?

But I've also got to agree with Jomama. 4 months? I think that you're definately still in the test-drive phase.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

ROTFL @ Kom!!!!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

This is truly my nightmare situation. I agree with everyone else that I wouldn't want to hurt the BF's feelings. But, on the other hand, sometimes a girl just has to have her Orlando Bloom/Shemar Moore/Brad Pitt/Micheal Ealy fix, right?

I'd probably try to convince the BF that this was okay and we could get back together again later. Then, I'd tell him that if he ran into Janet Jackson, I would allow him to do whatever he wanted with her.

I'm sure this wouldn't work and the relationship would be over, but Orlando is just too hot to pass up! ;)

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Well being a shiny jerk myself, I would say if we had only been together 4 months and Jessica Alba showed up and wanted to "Be with me" for just one night, I would have to show my shallowness and "Be with" Jessica.

4months isn't all that long really.

I'm a Jerk like that.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Hehehe, wow, J. You look like you really thought about that answer. Your thinking face is so serious. ;)

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Robyn said...

Phyllis Diller?

Oh, I think I just threw up a little bit.

I am sure that the Catholic girl in me would be so racked with guilt, I could never do it.

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Squishi said...

nup. I'd stay put. One night stands aren't my cup of tea.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

LOL! I wouldn't just leave for that dream lover at the door, honestly. First of all I'd probably have to be dreaming. And I'm a Stephen Dorff lover all the way. You guys know him right? That cute white guy from Blade? Oooh! Nothing gets me hotter than him. Man if Stephen showed up, I'd definitely ravish him for a few hours. Hell, I may even keep him hostage for days but I wouldn't leave the person I love for him. Stephen smokes too much and for what I've heard isn't too good in the woman's department. He's had more girlfriends than the Dallas Cowboys have had cheerleaders. Seriously, stick with the fool you with. At least you know what's wrong with them. You get with someone like Brad Pitt you end up broken hearted and made fun of throughout Hollywood. Talk about heartbreaker. But nothing would make me leave a man I really loved. I lust for Stephen deeply, but I don't know him enough to love him. That's what's important to me. Great post!

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger jeopardygirl said...

I would ask Christian Bale to come back in two hours, and find a polite way to usher my b/f to the door, feigning tiredness or a sudden need to wash my hair in India or whatever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home