The Blogger Cooler

You know, like the conversations around your office water cooler? Only, the conversations will be with cooler people. And you don't have to be afraid of your boss listening to your conversation. And, you can say anything you want during your conversation. Okay, so I guess it's nothing like the conversations around your office water cooler. Just leave a comment, dammit!

Friday, July 01, 2005

Say Goodbye

Well, that's it. We're screwed.

Justice Sandra Day O'Conner has stepped down from the US Supreme Court.

Say Goodbye to the follwing, America:

Abortion
Affirmative Action
Civil Rights
Appropriate Use of the Death Penalty


I'm seriously going to leave this country now...

8 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger KOM said...

Reese said, and I quote: "You guys know I'll never post anything intellectual on this board right?"

But since we're here... I've got a little flutter in my guts as well, but I don't want to go Chicken Little until I see who the nominee is. The dems have been rolling over pretty steadily, but I'd like to think in this regard they will fight tooth and nail.

And if the republicans go "nuclear", well, they won't be in power forever. And then they won't be able to stop whoever is.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Alexander said...

Uh, I don't think Justice O'Conner was an anchor for any of those things. But I see your point. I have more to say, but I won't dwell in here.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Relax Reese, balance will be returned to The Force.
Patience you must have.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

So, I went back on my word, Kom. Is that a crime? Probably in Texas it is, but I'd like to think it isn't on this blog. ;)

Patrick, I don't know if she was an anchor or a freedom fighter or something for those topics I listed, but she sure as heck was a swing vote. I'm pretty sure that those will be the first things to go.

LOL, J. Patience is not one of my strong suits. A bright side, I cannot see. :(

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger KOM said...

Jeeze, I didn't mean it to sound like I was standing above you, finger in your face accusing you of lying!

Or maybe I did.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Ok Kom, but, I was just kidding too. ;)

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Squishi said...

geez.

Um.

Well, if you are worried about appropriate use of the death penalty and are thinking of moving here to Australia.... we haven't killed off anyone since about the 1940s.

Which is a good thing really, cos they found years later that the last 20 killed off were actually innocent.

Hrm.

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger KOM said...

No, I was kidding more. Wanna fight about it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home