The Blogger Cooler

You know, like the conversations around your office water cooler? Only, the conversations will be with cooler people. And you don't have to be afraid of your boss listening to your conversation. And, you can say anything you want during your conversation. Okay, so I guess it's nothing like the conversations around your office water cooler. Just leave a comment, dammit!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A question of taste

Since Dez had the foresight to ask a question on this blog, I must follow suit.

At what point did having your roots show become acceptable? Why are people willing to stand still for photos, appear on MTV, or strip for Massive Melons, while their hair is two or three shades away from uniformity?

I remember a time when women (okay, let's be honest... I say 'people', but it's women...) used to complain about their roots. Now, it's only natural to have mostly blonde and somewhat brunette "anchors".

So: What. The. Fuck??

Is this just another case of "It's too loud, so you're too old?", or worse yet, "I dig my badly dyed hair almost as much as my gold and platinum tooth caps?"

Love,

KOM (Get off my lawn you whippersnappers, goddammit!)

5 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Okay, I think this is sort of cultural. As a Black girl, I never understood "the roots" thing in the first place. I could never really tell when someone had dyed their hair or not (unless it was a really bad dye job).

People would complain that you could "see someone's roots," but then other girls would actually be naturally blonde even though they had, what looked to me, as brown roots. I think ya'll call that "dirty blonde" or something.

Anyways, blonde, brunette, dirty blonde, red, strawberry blonde...whatever. None of that stuff never made any sense to me.

Uh...I guess that didn't answer your question. Sorry. ;)

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I was gonna comment sumthin that..uh....whatever Reese just said confused the shit outta me.

I watched "Roots".

Um...yeah.
See ya.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Desiree said...

You got me. I have no idea. It's the new thing I guess.

I feel poor when I show mine though.

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger KOM said...

Man, did I write that? I've got to stop mixing medications.

Good point, though.

Reese - anyone with brown roots is lying about being a natural blonde. I think "dirty-blonde" is a euphamism for light-brown hair. Some people just can't accept their folical destinies.

Dez - the new thing. That's what I was afraid of.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

I am tall, therefore no one can see my roots!! Mine, unfortunately, are all gray!

It must be sheer laziness to dye your hair the complete opposite of what you were born with, and then not get it touched up regularly. I think it looks tacky.

I think I was just posessed by my mother there for a minute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home